Why Choose Us
We are an SA-owned Business
Proud Member of WFAANZ
Over 50 Years Experience
Free Measure & Quote
Transform Your Home or Office Windows
View our range of window film and window tinting options
How Window Tinting Works
Glare and Heat Reduction
Glare is a term we use to describe too much visible light. We see it when light reflects off a roof, a car windscreen or even a high gloss floor.
Window tinting can dramatically reduce glare on computer monitors, promotional plasma and television screens, helping to improve not only clarity but also to help reduce eye stress and fatigue.
Window tinting film has UV absorbers impregnated into the film, for greater protection. Window films provide the highest level of protection, blocking over 99% of the sun’s damaging UV rays.
All of our window tinting films are available for supply and fit, or supply only to the home handyman.
We supply, install and can provide maintenance and repairs as well.
Insulating Window Film
Solar Gard’s most advanced product provides year-round comfort improvement by keeping the sun’s heat out in the Summer and keeping heat inside in the Winter.
- Low emissivity prevents heat from escaping through windows in the Winter
- Spectral selectivity lets in 68% of natural light while keeping out 52% of the sun’s energy
- Money and energy savings year-round on cooling and heating
- UV blockers protect people and property from damaging UV rays
Film Options and Performance
|Product Name||Visible Light Transmittance||Visible Light Reflectance (Exterior)||UV Light Blocked||Total Solar Energy Rejected|
T=Transmittance, R= Reflectance
Safety films are manufactured from multiple layers of special class polyester film bonded with adhesives to form a heavy gauge, high tensile barrier. This is then affixed to the inside surface of the glass to form an almost impenetrable barrier.
- Protection of windows during storms, earthquakes and natural disasters
- Protection of other glass surfaces i.e. glass partitions;
- Improving the strength of standard window panes to ensure suitability with child care and kindergarten requirements. This is also applicable for older homes with large windows where breakage could cause serious injury or death, especially to young children.
Features and Benefits:
- Holds shattered glass together
- Clear view and with a patented scratch resistant coating
- Prevents injuries
- Up to 80% reduction in heat transfer
- Blocks over 99% of UV rays
- Developed by the world’s largest manufacturer of window films
- ISO 9001 certified
We supply, install and can provide maintenance and repairs. Contact us now on 08 8276 9055
Anti graffiti films protect public and private properties from vandalism. It is an unnoticeable clear film that is long lasting which forms a barrier on windows and protects metallic and glass surfaces from scratches, paint and marking. The key benefit to anti-graffiti film is that it is far less expensive to replace than a pane of glass.
From shop fronts to high traffic areas, anti graffiti films are a sound investment.
Digital graphics and computer cut technology are used to create the most unique and breathtaking visuals.
- Office areas, work cells
- Tailored design features can be added to both exterior and interior glass
- Windows, doors, partitions
- Create a stunning retail or corporate identity
Features and Benefits:
- Wide range of design, decorative, frosted and coloured films available
- Digital graphics and computer cut technology are used to create the most unique and breathtaking visuals
- Design service available
- Cost effective method to add privacy
WHAT IS WINDOW TINT AND HOW DOES IT WORK?
Window film (or window tint) is an ultra-thin, polyester material that can be applied to flat glass surfaces. Window tint has a vast array of applications and our experienced staff can help you choose the right type for your circumstances, whether it be to control temperature in your home, guard against graffiti damage or to provide decoration and privacy.
EEC has a large range of window film including Solar Tint, Energy Management Films, Decorative Film, Frosted Film, Security Film, Safety Film and Anti-graffiti Films.
When you need customised designs, the Energy Efficiency Centre designers can take your window tinting concepts and turn them into practical and beautiful window films for your specific needs. We also provide our clients with frost window films for internal or external use throughout South Australian offices and homes.
The benefit of tinting your home or office windows include:
- Reduced energy bills
- Temperature control
- Improved safety and security
- Glare reduction by up to 85%
- Enhanced comfort by eliminating hot spots in your home
- Reduction of harmful UV rays by up to 99% and the sun’s heat by up to 80%, thereby reducing the load on air-conditioning;
- Protect furnishings and carpets from fading
- Increase privacy
- Provide signage and decoration
HOW WINDOW TINTING WORKS FOR YOUR HOME OR BUSINESS
Tint is created when tinted film is bonded onto a piece of window glass. Tinted film is usually made out of clear polyester film with a very thin and even layer of tinting agents such as dyes and/or metals deposited onto the film.
Once tinted film is applied to a window, the characteristics of how visible light comes into your home changes.
Tinted film doesn’t just block visible light. It also blocks harmful cancer-causing ultra-violet (UV-A and UV-B) rays as well as infra-red (IR) rays that cause heat to build up in your home.
The efficacy of a film in blocking these rays depends on the type of film, the manufacturer, and the quality of installation.
We at the Energy Efficiency Centre understand that tinting is a complicated subject, and we aim to help you find the right tint for your home based on your needs. Our experienced staff members can help you choose the right product and also offer window films installation services.
Thanks again for your advice and help.